The Official Launch of i.Silent Mentor Program
Brought to you by AFSM (Academy for Silent Mentor)
[Cheras, KL – 29 March 2017] – AFSM (Academy for Silent Mentor) is excited to announce the launch of i.Silent Mentor, a project that encourages donors (we refer them as “Silent Mentor”) to donate their bodies voluntarily donate my body for the good of others.
The Silent Mentor program was first introduced by Professor Chin Kin Fah in Malaysia on 23rd March 2012, whereby the idea was initiated by Taiwan’s Tzu Chi University. As of today, the Silent Mentor program has been in effect for 5 years. In order to extend our values to reach more medical professionals, AFSM launches its very own i.Silent Mentor project as part of the academy workshop.
The i.Silent Mentor signing ceremony was officially opened by Venerable Jue Cheng (Chief Abbess of Fo Guang Shan – Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand & Indonesia), Reverand Lee Sai Yew and Professor Dr Chin Kai Fah. Interesting educational programs were being held in the launching, such as video presentation about i.Silent Mentor project, performance by UTAR and INTI medical students, and a simple introduction of one of the Silent Mentor – Miss Kaw Ah Moi.
The honourable VIP guests who were invited to support the launching (from left to right):
- DATIN CHOO LEIN SEI KENG (CHAIRMAN) 拿汀朱林秀琴女士(董事主席)
- DATO FRANK CHOO CHUO SIONG （MANAGING DIRECTOR）拿督朱兆祥局绅（董事经理）
- Dato’Loy Teik Ngan–CEO Taylor’s education group 长拿督雷德雁（泰莱教育集团总执行）
- Professor Tseng Guo-Fang (Professor of Anatomy Tzu Chi University) 曾國藩 教授 (慈濟大學學術副校長)
- Venerable Jue Cheng Fo Guang Shan (觉诚法师- 佛光山新马泰印总住持)
- Yang Amat Berbahagia Tun Dr. Ling Liong Sik (UTARCouncil Chairman) 敦林良實醫生(拉曼大学名誉校长)
- Master Xu Ming Ji – Chairman of the Malaysian Buddhist Association Selangor Branch释明吉法师– 雪隆马佛总会长
- Professor Dr Chin Kin Fah – founder of AFSM陈庆华教授
- Reverend Lee Sai Yew- City Light Church, Damansara Perdana 李世耀牧(城市之光教会
- Mr Danny Lee Mun Keat admin-officer of Taiwan Buddhist Tzu-Chi Foundation Malaysia 李文杰（济山） –台湾佛教慈济基金马来西亚的行政专员
Speech by Professor Dr Chin Kin Fah, Chairman and Founding Director: “A Silent Mentor is a tree of love, giving hope to many students and providing shelters for people in needs. Regardless of the religious beliefs of our Silent Mentors, the teachers, the students and the Academy will pay the utmost gratitude, respect and love. Not only do they pledge to donate their bodies, they also prepare to share their life stories as a teaching tool for liberal arts and humanity education.”
Speech by Yang Amat Berbahagia Tun Dr Tun Dr Ling Liong Sik Chancellor, Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman: “I am very grateful that there is an i.Silent Mentor program in Malaysia. i.Silent Mentor program is the alternative way to teach us to become a good doctor, not only with good skills but also learn about humanity, caring and empathy. This program provides a good environment for them to understand peoples’ suﬀering, their history and wishes. Lastly, on behalf of Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman, which has incorporated this Silent Mentor Program into their medical school core curriculum, and others medical schools, and professional bodies, I would like to say thank you to the Founding Directors and committee members of Academy For Silent Mentor for upholding a diﬀerent kind of learning.”
To show the support in AFSM, Xiao En Group implies a rental fee of only RM 1 for the non-profit charitable academy to run their i.Silent Mentor workshop at Xiao En Centre.
The vision of i.Silent Mentor is to ‘Make a difference to the provision of healthcare with the touch of humanity and liberal arts through the altruistic teachings of our Silent Mentors’.
About i.Silent Mentor
i.Silent Mentor is a project that encourage donors (we refer them as “Silent Mentor”) to donate their organ or body after death i.Silent Mentor project is brought to you by Academy For Silent Mentor, a learning Institute for Silent Mentors, for the advancement in medical education, research and training.
About the Academy For Silent Mentor
(AFSM) Education Institute was set up as a body donation centre in Malaysia, providing care and support to body donors regardless of race and religions for the advancement in medical education, research and training.
- Producing medical and related professionals with the touch of humanism and liberal arts.
- For the betterment of healthcare provision in Malaysia and beyond; these body donors donate their bodies for altruistic teaching of medicine are code name as ‘i Silent Mentor’.
The AFSM’s Purposes:
- To turn the foul and rotten into the rare and ethereal and provide selfless love for the benefit of the society, let life has a greater significance.
- Popularise education opportunities, cultivate more medical professionals with competence and medical ethics.
- Liberalise education – achieving freedom of mind through diversified and balanced learning.
For more info about I . Silent Mentor, please log on to their Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Academy-For-Silent-Mentor-1882921491985026/ or contact Jia Bao, AFSM operation manager +60 10-247 8617 .